Last updated: October 2019
At Global Fashion Agenda, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Data Protection Officer is Global Fashion Agenda’s COO, Travis Peoples. You can contact him at email@example.com.
Who are we?
Global Fashion Agenda is the foremost leadership forum on sustainability in fashion focusing on industry collaboration and public-private cooperation. A non-profit organisation, we mobilise and guide the fashion industry to take bold and urgent action on sustainability. Global Fashion Agenda is behind the annual publications CEO Agenda and Pulse of the Fashion Industry report as well as Copenhagen Fashion Summit, the leading business event on sustainability in fashion, which has been leading this movement for over a decade. In partnership with our Strategic Partners ASOS, BESTSELLER, H&M Group, Kering, Li & Fung, Nike, PVH Corp., Sustainable Apparel Coalition and Target, we spearhead the fashion industry’s journey towards a more sustainable future. For more information, visit globalfashionagenda.com.
How do we collect information from you?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly for one of the following reasons:
- you have purchased a ticket for Copenhagen Fashion Summit;
- you have requested a download-link for the pdf-version of the CEO Agenda;
- you have signed up for one of our Capsule events;
- you have subscribed to our newsletters;
- you have made an enquiry to us; and/or
- you have applied for a job.
Your information may be shared with us indirectly, which might include:
- third parties (e.g. representatives from your organisation) acting on your behalf, signing you up for events, sending enquiries, etc.;
- third parties referring to you and providing contact details; and
- an employee of ours gives your contact details as an emergency contact or a reference.
Furthermore, we automatically collect the following information when you visit our website:
- technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve the services we offer.
- information about your visit to this website, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect, store and use might include:
- your name and contact details (including postal address, email address and telephone number);
- information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access it, for instance your IP address and geographical location;
- your bank or credit card details. If you purchase a ticket for Copenhagen Fashion Summit your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors (Stripe Inc), who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions (as specified below); and
any other personal information shared with us.
Data protection laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring greater protection, for example information about your health, ethnicity and religion. We do not usually collect sensitive data about you unless there is a clear and valid reason for doing so and data protection laws allow us to. For example, we may ask for your dietary requirements if you are taking part in one of our dinner events.
Where appropriate, we will make it clear why we are collecting this type of information and what it will be used for.
How and why is your information used?
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, which may include:
- providing you with the services, products or information you requested;
- processing orders that you have submitted;
- carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us (or your organisation);
- maintaining a record of your relationship with us;
- conducting analysis and market research to better understand how we can improve our services, products or information (e.g. surveys);
- seeking your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notifying you of changes to our services;
- sending you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about Copenhagen Fashion Summit, Capsule events, reports being released and other activities; and
- processing job applications.
We will only send you information by email if you have explicitly provided your prior consent. You may opt out of your newsletter subscription at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of our newsletters.
How long is your information kept for?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for
The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, if you complete a ticket purchase for Copenhagen Fashion Summit, we store your information until the end of the Summit (October 2020). If you decide to leave an uncompleted transaction while already having filled out some information, this information is kept for 28 minutes.
We review our retention periods on a regular basis.
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
However, we may disclose your information to third parties in order to achieve the other purposes set out in this policy. These third parties may include:
We may pass your information on to our trusted third party service providers who provide a range of quality and reliable services designed to meet the needs of the guests participating in Copenhagen Fashion Summit for the purposes of providing services to you on our behalf. Thus, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of carrying out a requested service for our guests, which could be connecting our guests to our travel agent (RASK Travel), hotel partner (Hotel Skt. Petri) or other trusted service providers.
We may also pass your information to our third-party business partners for the purposes of inviting you to relevant side events e.g. closed-door meetings, dinners, and other events in conjunction with the Copenhagen Fashion Summit or other Global Fashion Agenda events. However, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes.
Under data protection law, you have rights we need to make you aware of. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information:
- you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information;
- you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. you also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete;
- you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances;
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone +45 7020 3068. We may be required to ask for further information and/or evidence of identity. We will endeavour to respond fully to all requests within one month of receipt of your request, however if we are unable to do so we will contact you with reasons for the delay.
Please note that exceptions apply to a number of these rights, and not all rights will be applicable in all circumstances. For more details, we recommend you consult the guidance published by the European Commission.
Keeping your information safe
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational controls are in place to protect it.
Global Fashion Agenda uses 256-bit SSL-encryption, with 2048-bit RSA keys. All communication to and from the Users computer is encrypted with SSL, the most widely used Internet standard for encrypted communication.
Payments for ticket purchases are processed by Stripe Inc. Stripe has been audited by an independent PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and is certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. Your payment information will not be stored or used for another purpose than your ticket purchase. Global Fashion Agenda will not have access to this data.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review to make sure it is up to date and accurate.